Senior Software Engineer at Apple (Sep 2018 — present)
- Working on a more private Siri that works offline and on your device.
Tech Lead at Envoy (May 2017 — Aug 2018)
- Part of two-person team that built a notifications service in Elixir that powers
handle millions of notifications (Email, SMS, Slack and so on) per day.
- Led team of four to overhaul Envoy’s authentication system without any downtime
for any of the various clients (web, iOS and Android)
- Champion of Docker-izing Envoy’s infrastructure and introducing Docker as part of
Envoy’s Continuous Integration pipeline.
Co-Founder/CEO at Ze Robot Labs (Jan 2015 — May 2017)
- Architected and built Nestor — a programmable Slack Bot (with AWS Lambda) —
installed by > 2K Slack teams, reached > 100K users, served > 1M requests.
- Architected and built Botmetrics — an analytics and engagement platform for
conversational UI that scaled from 0-250M events, segmented >1M users and sent
1M automated notifications. (Sold to Howdy.AI which was later acquired by Microsoft)
- Managed team of remote contractors to build out parts of Botmetrics — product
spec, software architecture and code review.
Co-Founder/VP Engineering at Nitrous (Jun 2012 — Dec 2014)
- Led fund-raising ($7.65M raised) and built the engineering organization to 15
engineers across San Francisco and Singapore.
- Architected and built cloud-based dev environment as a service across all AWS
regions that scaled to 300K developers across the world.
CTO At Anideo (Feb 2011 — May 2012)
- Led engineering team that built three iOS apps (messaging app for live events,
photo downloading software for Facebook and a video aggregation app) along with
scalable web backends that served all three apps.
CTO at Deepcalm (Apr 2010 — Feb 2011)
- Built a web app to schedule amateur sports leagues and one of the first newsreader
iOS apps with a backend that handled traffic from major press coverage.
Software Engineer at Wego (Jan 2007 — Mar 2010)
- Engineer#4 of a young team that built the biggest travel meta-search product in
Asia. Part of team that re-architected the app from a monolithic Java app to a
distributed architecture with a Rails frontend and a Java processing backend.